Tuesday, January 01, 2008

I see a weasel...

Well, I was pushing to get my purple silk suit done in time for a big family event. I'd gotten the skirt done in time for the trip home (and by 'gotten done,' I mean 'talked my mother into hemming it an hour before I wore it.') I was pushing to finish the jacket today, knowing I had to hit certain marks to get it wearable, thinking about the sacrifices I was going to make. Then, I walked into the study to have Caleb check the hem on the jacket, and he was less than enthused about the look. I realized I was also less than enthused, and so have put it aside to be finished in its own time as something to enjoy, not something to pound through. Instead, I think I'll work on the two dresses I have most of the way done, the late Christmas present, the pants that I've been needing, and maybe one of the vintage patterns I got recently. I shan't lack for things to do. (And the title? It's a joke on how I'm weaseling out of it and a Classical reference; an actor was saying 'I see a calm...' and misspoke slightly to say 'I see a weasel..')

No comments: