True, I did iron, lay, and cut the pattern on Monday, but the pieces sat, rolled up, in a rocking chair until this morning.
I edged the skirt panels and did everything up to the hand finishing, which I'm doing as I write. (The lining may not be entirely tacked down tomorrow. So what.)
I really wanted to have this dress ready to wear for tomorrow, so I could do a test run of it at choir to make sure I could sing comfortably in it; I didn't want to check that for the first time at a long concert.
True, I didn't line the dress, and the hem (it's a circle skirt!) is done by machine, but I didn't make any shortcuts I'll really regret. Only the bodice is lined, as per my usual practice. I'd meant to do all the edging in red thread, but missed one skirt panel and forgot about the sleeves. Rather than switch thread back, I did them in black. I still pressed every seam twice, although I did gang the seams so I'd press every non-intersecting seam on the bodice and then sew the ones that intersected.
Ahh. Photos to come after there's light and I've trimmed stray threads.
1 comment:
Really looks nice!
Mom
Post a Comment