Sunday, June 13, 2010

Less than thrilling.

I should have known that this project was not destined for glory as soon as I saw this:
I cut this shirt, very thriftily, from the remnants I had left from the two pink dresses I made last summer. It required careful placing, but I thought I'd gotten it. Apparently, I hadn't. I recut another side back and seamed down the back. It seemed OK. Then, since the big conceit of this shirt is the elastic gathering, which is applied in channels on the outside, I zigzagged over the ends of the elastic:
The blouse ended up rather meh. I could tell that was happening, so it's not my best work, honestly. I may get rid of it; the elastic placement issn't a good look on me, and little puffed sleeves are never as cute on my arms as I think they will be.
Review here.

No comments: