I finished Simplicity 4298. I need to add in the underarm protectors and it could benefit from a severe pressing, but I wore it outside this morning. (It was raining very hard, as may be apparent from a close inspection of the skirt.)
I like this pattern a lot. I completely ignored the construction details except for the well-written skirt pleating and gathering instructions; I have a sequence that I like for dresses like these that includes a lined bodice, an invisible zipper, and a right side pocket.
I think that this will look really nice over a crinoline.
I like how it looks as is; it's a little more formal than other dresses I've made recently. I'd even feel comfortable wearing it to work with a cardigan over it.
Wedding Card Box 2026 Variation
-
Ten years ago, I made a satin-covered card box for my niece's wedding, and
this year I was asked to make another for her twin!
The inspiration:
The overa...
6 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment