(My review of it on Pattern Review is here.)
It was a nice piece. It's definitely a modern nightie, even if the pattern tries to style it to look all froofy and Edwardian. I added in tucks at the bottom, flat felled all of the seams, and made my own bias. I should have made the bias wider.
It's really comfy. I tried to get another picture of the front:
Sadly, though, I'd washed it after I sewed it (I'd marked the tuck lines with pencil and had dripped some batter for Mexican Monkey Cake on it during the three days of handsewing down bindings), and the tucks are washed out in the photo, while every single wrinkle appears in loving highlight. On Friday, I bought McCall's 5191 and New Look 6858. I'm hoping to use some of the large quantity of very heavy gray twill to make 5191 (as well as a music bag).


No comments:
Post a Comment