Sunday, September 20, 2009

Off the wagon

In the past two weeks, just about all the sewing that I've done has been making a case for my new iPod touch.
I did buy fabric, though. Wool suiting was $3.99 at Fabric.com, so I got enough for a black skirt and a gray one. (I don't have a knee-length gray wool skirt, nor an ankle-length black one, and those are staples.) I also got cotton sateen to make a less decollete performance dress; that was $4.98 a yard.
Because it's been so cold, I got out my winter clothes. The nightie that I made two years ago was never right; the sleeves were too big, the skirt was too skimpy, and the flannel was pretty low quality. So, when I discovered that the flannel had shredded at the sewn pleat in the front, I decided to take that as a sign. I'm now planning to make either the tucked nightdress or the Saddle Yoke nightdress from Garment Construction in Schools. Sadly, Jo-ann's only had three yards of the black flannel with electric guitars, so I ended up going for a quilting flannel in a blue sprigged print. This, after I spent a lot of time squinting at the backs of flannels, trying to determine how much they wanted to shred.

No comments: